4 Week Nutritional Cleanse
A whole foods nutritional cleanse is recommended 1-2 times a year – preferably in the Spring and Fall. This is in line with mother nature as the seasons change over, our bodies too, are ready for a fresh start. A 4 week nutritional cleanse is the perfect time to see maximum results without feeling too restricted for too long. The nutritional cleanse works by eliminating the most common food allergens while lightening the workload on your digestive tract, so the body can spend its energy detoxifying your cells and healing your body.
You can benefit from a 4 week nutritional cleanse if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Skin rashes or acne
- Sugar cravings
- Poor focus and concentration or “brain fog”
- Loss of energy, feeling sluggish and needing mid-day naps
- Digestive issues like abdominal pain, boating and gas, constipation or diarrhea
- Headaches or migraines, that have become regular and chronic
- Arthritis or joint pain (osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis)
- Exposure to chemicals or synthetic hormones (like birth control).
- Slow creeping weight gain
- Autoimmune conditions such as hashimotos hypothyroid, multiple chemical sensitivities, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and others.
I encourage anyone to have a medically-supervised nutritional cleanse if you’ve never done one before. Detoxification through a nutritional cleanse involves dietary and lifestyle changes that reduce the intake of toxins while improving elimination. External toxins include: alcohol, smoking, pesticides, tobacco, heavy metals, medications, oral contraceptives and specific inflammatory foods in our diet. Internal toxins include normal metabolic by-products and excess hormones that build up and are recycled in the body if a person’s organs of elimination (skin, lungs, gut, liver, kidneys) are sluggish, impaired or diseased.
What does a 4 Week Nutritional Cleanse look like?
Removing foods that are most commonly known as inflammatory include:
- Gluten and all refined white starches
- Red Meat
- Caffeine & Alcohol
- Sugar (including juices and dried fruits)
- Oranges and Grapefruit
- Peanuts and Soy
If this sounds overwhelming and you are wondering what is left to eat, don’t worry! We have a shopping list for you to refer to and choose from and we support the process by saving time in the kitchen with balanced clean protein meal replacements. Your Daily program will look like this:
- Start with 1 detox shake and two balanced meals (e.g. lunch & dinner) for the first week
- Increase to 2 detox shakes during weeks 2 and 3 and Eat 1 balanced meal (e.g. dinner)
- Drink 2 or 3 cups of detox herbal tea per day (morning, afternoon and evening)
- Follow the recipe suggestions for creative smoothie ideas and what to cook for dinner with our online recipe resources.
- Practice some form of body movement: walking or stretching, hot yoga or dry infrared sauna, dry skin brushing or contrast hydrotherapy.
A Naturopathic detoxification program accounts for the individual and their health concerns in a way that many over-the-counter detox kits do not. I will review your health concerns and incorporate a plan that includes: a guided diet cleanse for the month with recipes, a medical detox protein shake, and any herbal teas or supplements to support the organs of elimination (such as the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system). You can keep this program simple by following the recommended diet plan or you can increase the benefits of detoxification with any of the following additional support:
- IV Vitamin therapies, once weekly
- IM Vitamin shots, once weekly (full spectrum of B Vitamins & liver support)
- Dry Infrared Sauna to sweat out toxins from deeper storage sites through our biggest organ of elimination – the skin. Added bonus: radiant new skin a natural glow!
- Liquid or capsule Detox supportive nutrients to help the major organs of elimination: Liver, Kidneys and Lymphatic system
- Recommended Herbal teas to drink 2-3 times a day.
- Home therapies such as dry skin brushing or contrast showers.