My commitment to you is that I will recommend the right aesthetic procedure for you, your skin and your health. I offer the opportunity to enhance your natural beauty by enhancing the health and integrity of your skin both on the outside and from within. My goal is your goal: greater self-esteem, beautiful skin and a long and healthy life. – Dr. Emina Jasarevic, ND
PRP Facial – For Radiant, Youthful Skin
Harness the power of nature with PRP: Platelet-Rich-Plasma. The PRP Facial, also known as the “Vampire Facial,” has grown in popularity across the globe. The PRP Facial is a 100% natural skin rejuvenation therapy that requires no fillers, no surgery, no downtime and no side effects as it is sourced from your own body!
The PRP Facial utilizes your own platelets which are cells in the blood that help tissue to heal and to grow healthy new cells. Platelets contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors that promote the body’s own collagen to grow and regenerate new tissue resulting in smoother and healthier skin.
PRP FACIAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Improves appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Improves the tone & texture of skin.
- Rebuilds collagen and adds volume
- Improves skin hydration
- Reduces pore size.
- Lightens dark under-eye circles
- Reduces sagging around the jaw line
- Eliminates acne scars and cystic acne
- Eliminates stretch marks or scars
How does it work?
First, we warm up your arm for a comfortable blood draw and then we prepare your PRP by separating your platelets from the rest of your blood. During preparation, we apply a professional topical numbing cream over the area of treatment for 20-30 minutes prior to the procedure to keep patients comfortable. Using microneedles, we introduce these growth factors deeper into the dermal layer of the skin via “micro-channels” where stem cells are activated to grow new tissues like collagen, resulting in younger skin. Additional hyaluronic acid may be added to your PRP to further hydrate and plump your skin.
How long is a treatment?
The procedure is relatively simple and performed in the office in 60 – 70 minutes. The blood draw and cleansing/numbing of the skin occurs during the first 30 minutes. The micro needling and PRP treatment takes another 20-30 minutes depending on the treatment area.
Is there recovery?
You will likely experience some redness, like a wind-burned appearance, immediately after treatment but this subsides within a few days.
What areas can I treat?
This treatment can be used on all parts of the body including face, scalp, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back. The face is the most common area treated.
When can I expect results?
You will experience a refreshing glow and the effects on skin texture and tightening within 3 weeks, but collagen formation takes a full 3 months.
How long do results last & how many treatments do I need?
We recommend 3 treatments, one month apart to begin with. The results from just 3 treatments may last between 1 and 2 years. Some of our patients with younger skin or those who start early in life may only need one treatment per year. For amazing anti-aging benefits, many patients build PRP facials into their long-term, anti-aging plan because it is so effective as anti-aging tool for creating firm, youthful, radiant skin.
If you’re ready to take years off your face in less than an hour and get glowing, schedule a visit today.
PRP for Hair Loss & Hair Restoration
Shedding hair is a scary ordeal and such hair loss concerns men and women equally. Hair restoration with Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is an effective non-surgical therapy for men and women with fine, thinning, and receding hair lines. If you have thinning hair, regrow it naturally with your own PRP.
PRP HAIR RESTORATION HIGHLIGHTS
- Rebuilds collagen and thus strengthen the hair shaft and add volume
- Can help restore hair lost from Alopecia Areata and Alopecia Totalis
- Treat early to prevent Female and Male Pattern Hair Loss
- Treats Hypotrichosis of the eyebrows or beard.
The Science Behind Platelet-Rich Plasma
PRP is a regenerative injection therapy using a concentration of a person’s own platelets. Platelets are specialized blood cells that contain large quantities of growth factors that promote healing and reactivation of the hair follicle. PRP has been shown to stimulate new hair growth and thicken thinned hair. PRP will activate dormant follicles by releasing growth factors directly to the hair follicles, stimulating hair cycle growth and restoration.
First, we warm up your arm for a comfortable blood draw and then we prepare your PRP by separating your platelets from the rest of your blood. During preparation, we apply a professional topical numbing cream over the area of treatment for 20-30 minutes prior to the procedure to keep patients comfortable. Then PRP is the injected into the scalp, into specific areas or over the entire scalp, followed by micro-needling to further enhance the results. We can even inject platelets into smaller areas such as the eyebrows or beard.
Conditions that respond well to this treatment include Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss, Hypotrichosis of the eyebrows, Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis and various metabolic causes of hair loss, such as iron deficiency, medication-induced alopecia and other chemical toxicities.
Does It Hurt?
Patients feel the treatment is very tolerable because we numb the area prior to treatment. However, depending on the length and thickness of hair, some patients tolerate the treatment well without any topical numbing cream.
How Long Does It Take?
An appointment is 60-75 minutes.
Is there downtime?
The downtime is minimal. There will be some temporary tenderness. Some patients feel there is a time during which their hair seems to be shedding 2-4 weeks after the procedure is done. This is just a resetting of the follicle and resolves within a couple of weeks.
Are there any side effects?
PRP is a concentration of a person’s own platelets, containing their OWN growth factors and stem cells, so there is no concern of an allergic reaction.
When can I see results?
Hair regrowth will happen slowly, and you can expect to see improvements 6-12 months after your initial treatment.
Do these results last?
The results vary however they can last 12-18 months or longer depending on the underlying condition that caused the hair loss to begin with. The growing phase of the hair cycle – known as the Anagen phase – lasts anywhere from 2-7 years.
How many treatments are needed?
It is recommended to have 3 treatments, one month apart to start, then one treatment every 6-12 months for maintenance. Men may need 4-5 treatments to start (depending on severity of hair loss) then they can go to a yearly maintenance. We can help guide you depending on your specific condition.
PRP Hair Restoration is safe, effective, and natural. It also costs a fraction of the cost of conventional hair replacement surgery. When you consult a Naturopathic Physician about Hair loss, we can also look for any metabolic, hormonal or nutritional causes of excessive hair loss and work to restore balance to the body. We will use PRP to jump start the process while we investigate the underlying cause.
There are some common causes for hair loss that are important to evaluate and rule out. Some of the top reasons for why you could be losing your hair include:
- Thyroid Dysfunction – Thyroid hormone is the primary metabolic engine for metabolism in the human body but also for the cycle of the hair follicle. If your thyroid gland is “sub-optimal” and you are lacking adequate thyroid hormone (due to stress, environment, genetics or even “burn-out”), hair loss is a common symptom. If you have a family history of Thyroid disease or if you would like to learn more about thyroid disorders, please visit here.
- Hormone Imbalance – Genetics can influence how much dihydrotestosterone (DHT) hormone a person (male and female) produces. The over-abundance of DHT as a downstream metabolite being produced from testosterone is often the target of many of the drugs marketed for hair loss. By the age of 50, over half of men will experience hair loss mediated by DHT in North America. We can measure these levels and aim to restore them naturally without harsh medications.
- Iron Deficiency Anemia – hair loss is one of the most common signs of anemia in Women. The hair follicle requires iron for hair growth. So, when iron levels are low, the body will shunt iron to the most essential functions and away from the scalp. This is where blood test screening is important.
- High stress and the hormones that come with it can cause the hair follicles in the resting phase to fall out all at once. This often occurs several months after a significant physical or emotional stress.
You have the opportunity to treat damaged hair follicles with good results – the sooner you take action. The scalp can be treated with platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections to stimulate regeneration of the follicles and new hair growth while we investigate and correct the underlying causes of hair loss in the first place. The sooner you take action with PRP, the better success you will have!