Optimizing men’s health, and more to the point, the quality of sperm, is a commonly overlooked but crucial factor for a healthy pregnancy. An average sperm count, number and morphology is no longer sufficient these days.
While men contribute 50% of the needed material and DNA for creating new life, an estimated 40 – 90% of male infertility cases are due to deficient sperm production of unidentifiable origins (Sinclair, Alt Med Rev 5(1):28-38, 2000)
Optimal sperm and hormone levels are required to support the complex nature that is involved in creating a baby. I take the time to evaluate lifestyle habits, nutritional intake, hormone balance, energy and stress levels, environmental exposures; then incorporate a fertility plan the ensures the best outcome for a healthy pregnancy.
- Initial visit and comprehensive intake
- Basic physical exam and body composition
- Detoxification program
- Sperm optimization with supportive nutrients, lifestyle and diet
- Biweekly acupuncture sessions
- Time Frame: 3-4 months prior to trying to conceive
- Hormone Assessment
- Sperm Analysis
- Environmental Toxicant Screen (heavy metals, solvents, organophosphates and pesticides)