Enjoy a beautiful Kelowna sunset from the comfort of our IV wellness room during your IV Vitamin infusion. “IV Vitamin Drips” or Intravenous (IV) Micronutrient Therapy allows for the delivery of nutrients directly into the blood stream. This is an excellent method to provide the body with essential nutritional vitamins and minerals that are often the underlying deficiencies of many health conditions. By eliminating the need to travel through the often-compromised digestive tract, we are able to deliver high doses of specific nutrients that are immediately bio-available to the tissues and cells of the body. In this way, it is possible to utilize very high concentrations of certain nutrients to correct disease states.
Intravenous Micronutrient Therapy Treatment
In chronic and depleted conditions, large doses of nutrients can be delivered comfortably and safely as part of an integrated naturopathic treatment program. In acute infections, specific nutrients (such as vitamin C, glutathione and zinc) can be used to enhance immune function. Depending on the condition being treated, Dr. Emina may recommend a range of IV therapies from a simple IV Vitamin Shot, also known as a “Meyers Push,” to a larger dose of specific vitamins and minerals in a ‘slow drip’ fashion. The IV push contains vitamins, minerals and botanical medicines, which are injected over a 5 – 10 minute period of time. Larger doses of nutrients may be given through an ‘IV slow drip,’ which can range from 30 to 45 minutes, while relaxing in a comfortable reclining chair.
Outside of the slight discomfort from a gentle small needle insertion, these treatments are generally painless and patients enjoy a restful and quiet experience where they can catch up on some reading, deep breathing and meditation.
IV Vitamin Therapy: Grounded in Science
Peer-reviewed research has established that, by supplementing the body’s supply of essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids, IV therapies can safely and effectively support patients who have a range of conditions.
The BC Naturopathic Association has created a collection of these studies to educate patients and help them understand the benefits of IV-based treatments. That collection can be viewed here.
Benefits of IV Vitamin C Therapy
- Reduced pain and increased function in individuals with knee degradation after platelet rich plasma (PRP) injection therapy
- Significantly restored mobility and lessened pain using PRP injection therapy to treat tennis elbow vs cortisone injections
- Improved function and reduced pain compared to extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) when using PRP injection therapy on athletes with patellar tendonitis
- Better, longer-lasting relief compared to cortisone injections when using platelet rich plasma (PRP) injection therapy to treat severe chronic plantar fasciitis
- IV Vitamin B12 therapy was found to support the treatment of diabetic neuropathy
- Patients with chronic elbow tendonitis experienced significantly reduced pain after receiving IV Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy
Conditions that can respond favourably to IV Therapy Include:
- Acute Infections
- Adjunctive Cancer Support
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Allergies & Seasonal Rhinitis
- Anxiety & Depression
- Asthma & Lung conditions
- Cardiovascular Conditions (Angina, Hypertension, Tachycardia, CHF)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Diabetes & Neuropathy
- Intestinal Permeability, AKA “Leaky Gut”
- Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Irritable Bowel Disease (Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis)
- Immune Deficiency (recurrent infections, food sensitivities)
- Lyme’s Disease
- Migraines & Headaches
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Post-Chemotherapy/Radiation Toxicity
- Post-Surgery, Trauma & Healing
- Vascular Disease
- Various Other Conditions
IV nutrient infusions and ingredients are specifically chosen and administered according to the detailed needs of the patient. Clinical benefits are carefully assessed on an ongoing basis.
Benefits of IV Vitamin Therapy
Provides protection against glaucoma, infection, fatigue, dehydration, mental dullness
Restores electrolytes and lost minerals, rehydrates the body, improves performance
- Reduces high cholesterol, high blood pressure & homocysteine levels
- Improves walking distance & Energy
- Improves circulation and blood flow to extremities and the eyes
- Helps restore normal rhythm in arrhythmia
- Adrenal Fatigue / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Fibromyalgia
- Migraines / Chronic Headaches
- Muscle Spasms
- Thyroid Disorders
- Improves quality of life and extends life expectancy
- Helps Immune cells secrete cytotoxic factors to attack and kill cancer cells
- Maintains energy and function between chemotherapy and radiation treatment
- Improves the efficacy of certain chemotherapeutics
- Delivers nutrients directly to the blood stream when there is malabsorption, dysbiosis, short gut syndrome or aging.
- Benefits for IBS, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, Candidiasis, etc
- Enhances body’s natural defense systems, by providing anti-oxidants, cofactors and minerals needed to fight infections
- Common cold & flu, chronic sinusitis, shingles, mono, herpes, cystitis, urinary tract infections, fungal infections, prostatitis, etc.
- Improves memory, mental clarity, mental function & Energy
- Provides cofactors and building blocks for proper biochemical functioning
- Treats underlying nutritional deficiencies for symptoms of Depression, Apathy, Lethargy, Anxiety, etc.
- Improves healing times, tissue repair, reduces scarring