A whole foods nutritional cleanse is recommended 1-2 times a year
– preferably in the Spring and Fall. This is in line with mother nature as when the seasons change over, our bodies are ready for a fresh start, too.
A 4 week nutritional cleanse is the perfect time to see maximum results without feeling too restricted for too long. The nutritional cleanse works by eliminating the most common food allergens while lightening the workload on your digestive tract, so the body can spend its energy detoxifying your cells and healing your body.
You can benefit from a 4 week nutritional cleanse if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Skin rashes or acne
- Sugar cravings
- Poor focus and concentration or “brain fog”
- Loss of energy, feeling sluggish and needing mid-day naps
- Digestive issues like abdominal pain, boating and gas, constipation or diarrhea
- Headaches or migraines, that have become regular and chronic
- Arthritis or joint pain (osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis)
- Exposure to chemicals or synthetic hormones (like birth control).
- Slow creeping weight gain
- Autoimmune conditions such as hashimotos hypothyroid, multiple chemical sensitivities, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and others.
I encourage anyone to have a medically-supervised nutritional cleanse if you’ve never done one before. Detoxification through a nutritional cleanse involves dietary and lifestyle changes that reduce the intake of toxins while improving elimination. External toxins include: alcohol, smoking, pesticides, tobacco, heavy metals, medications, oral contraceptives and specific inflammatory foods in our diet. Internal toxins include normal metabolic by-products and excess hormones that build up and are recycled in the body if a person’s organs of elimination (skin, lungs, gut, liver, kidneys) are sluggish, impaired or diseased.
What does a 4 Week Nutritional Cleanse look like?
Removing foods that are most commonly known as inflammatory include:
- Gluten and all refined white starches
- Red Meat
- Caffeine & Alcohol
- Sugar (including juices and dried fruits)
- Oranges and Grapefruit
- Peanuts and Soy
If this sounds overwhelming and you are wondering what is left to eat, don’t worry! We have a shopping list for you to refer to and choose from and we support the process by saving time in the kitchen with balanced clean protein meal replacements. Your Daily program will look like this:
- Start with 1 detox shake and two balanced meals (e.g. lunch & dinner) for the first week
- Increase to 2 detox shakes during weeks 2 and 3 and Eat 1 balanced meal (e.g. dinner)
- Drink 2 or 3 cups of detox herbal tea per day (morning, afternoon and evening)
- Follow the recipe suggestions for creative smoothie ideas and what to cook for dinner with our online recipe resources.
- Practice some form of body movement: walking or stretching, hot yoga or dry infrared sauna, dry skin brushing or contrast hydrotherapy.
A Naturopathic detoxification program accounts for the individual and their health concerns in a way that many over-the-counter detox kits do not. I will review your health concerns and incorporate a plan that includes: a guided diet cleanse for the month with recipes, a medical detox protein shake, and any herbal teas or supplements to support the organs of elimination (such as the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system). You can keep this program simple by following the recommended diet plan or you can increase the benefits of detoxification with any of the following additional support:
- IV Vitamin therapies, once weekly
- IM Vitamin shots, once weekly (full spectrum of B Vitamins & liver support)
- Dry Infrared Sauna to sweat out toxins from deeper storage sites through our biggest organ of elimination – the skin. Added bonus: radiant new skin a natural glow!
- Liquid or capsule Detox supportive nutrients to help the major organs of elimination: Liver, Kidneys and Lymphatic system
- Recommended Herbal teas to drink 2-3 times a day.
- Home therapies such as dry skin brushing or contrast showers.
What you can expect:
Better digestion! The metabolic energy required to digest food is enormous. Easing the digestive load allows your system time to refocus the same energy towards tissue repair, restoration and healing in all other parts of your body. Avoiding inflammatory foods and taking a complete meal replacement provides you with the nutritional support and liver support needed heal your digestive tract, promote good motility and ease any discomfort.
Weight loss and decreased fat – A nutrient-dense whole foods diet is what you consume on a nutritional cleanse. There is no consumption of refined starchy carbohydrates, processed sugar, or high calorie foods – so no trigger to tell the body to store fat. Expect bloating or water retention to resolve and your clothes to feel loose!
Feeling balanced, calm & well rested. By eliminating cortisol-provoking foods like caffeine, alcohol and sugary foods, you will normalize your blood sugar and stress hormones, while experiencing a calm and focused mind with restful sleep
Less pain & inflammation = more Energy! The standard American diet (SAD!) is highly inflammatory. From high fructose corn syrup to chemical preservatives in everything, a whole foods nutritional cleanse gives your immune system a fighting chance so your body can create energy, instead of inflammation, for healing and repair.
New Habits for Improved health! As you go through a nutritional cleanse program, you become in-tune with your body and how your choices impact your well-being. You discover new foods and some new healthy habits, like eating less food, but more-nutrient dense food and how to prepare it easily. The 4 Week Nutritional cleanse is one of the best ways (if a food intolerance blood test is not in your budget) to understand how your body responds to various foods if you suspect food allergies or sensitivities.
- Functional food protein shake (1-2 containers)
- Targeted liver supportive nutrients to help with detoxification & elimination
- Detailed program guidebook (Shopping list, recipes, and recommended healthy snacks, shaker bottle)
- Available add-on services to maximize your detox experience, can include
- IR Sauna sessions
- IV Vitamin Therapy or IM Vitamin Shots
- BIA analyses (body fat %, muscle %, hydration, metabolism), complimentary with your Initial or return visit.
- Hormone assessment (Urine or saliva) – optional