There are several symptoms to consider to ensure that you have allergies and not a cold:
- You are sneezing in rapid, repeated sequences
- Your nose, ears and throat (especially the roof of your mouth) are itchy
- You do not have a fever or achy muscles
- Your mucosal secretions are clear and runny
- Your symptoms are lasting longer than 10 days
If you’re still not convinced, naturopathic physicians – commonly referred to as naturopaths – can perform skin or blood tests to confirm whether you are allergic to something.