Easy Peasy Bean Salad
It’s amazing how many people forget about eating beans! They are so nutritious, loaded in protein, fibre, iron and magnesium. And they are super quick and easy to prepare.
- 30 ounces Eden Organic Garbanzo Beans, 2 cans, drained (any Eden organic unseasoned bean can be substituted for Garbanzo or combined)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar, Brown Rice Vinegar, or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Barley Malt Syrup (omit and double maple syrup if allergy or unavailable)
- 2 teaspoons organic (real) maple syrup
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or to taste (fresh is great too if you have it)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, or to taste
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and toss well. The salad can be served room temperature or it can be refrigerated and marinated 1-2 hours. Will last 3 days in your fridge.
Compliments of Eden Organic Beans
» Healthy Recipes