It’s amazing how many people forget about eating beans! They are so nutritious, loaded in protein, fibre, iron and magnesium. And they are super quick and easy to prepare.
- 30 ounces Organic Mixed Beans. This equates to 2 x 398ml cans, rinsed & drained (Garbanzo Beans & Black Beans are my fave!).
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar, Brown Rice Vinegar, or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce ( I always use reduced sodium)
- 2 teaspoons Barley Malt Syrup (omit and double maple syrup if allergy or unavailable. I typically leave this out and bump up the maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons organic (real) maple syrup
- ½ cup finely chopped Green Onions (or fresh chives form the garden!)
- 1 clove Garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil or to taste (fresh is great too if you have it)
- ½ teaspoon dried Oregano, or to taste (fresh is great too if you have it)
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and toss well. The salad can be served room temperature or it can be refrigerated and marinated 1-2 hours. Will last 3 days in your fridge.
Compliments of Eden Organic Beans