It’s amazing how many people forget about eating beans! They are so nutritious, loaded in protein, fibre, iron and magnesium. And they are super quick and easy to prepare.
- 30 ounces Eden Organic Garbanzo Beans, 2 cans, drained (any Eden organic unseasoned bean can be substituted for Garbanzo or combined)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar, Brown Rice Vinegar, or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Barley Malt Syrup (omit and double maple syrup if allergy or unavailable)
- 2 teaspoons organic (real) maple syrup
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or to taste (fresh is great too if you have it)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, or to taste
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and toss well. The salad can be served room temperature or it can be refrigerated and marinated 1-2 hours. Will last 3 days in your fridge.
Compliments of Eden Organic Beans