- 1 medium onion
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 vegetable bullion cubes
- 1 bunch of black (dino) kale (chopped small)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 inches fresh ginger (chopped small)
- 1 cup red lentils
- ½ tsp. dulse flakes
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Place all ingredients, except for garlic and ginger, in a large soup pot
- Bring to a full boil. Reduce heat, and allow to simmer until lentils soften (about 30 minutes).
- Add garlic and continue to simmer until lentils have lost their shape and soup resembles a puree.
- Stir in fresh ginger and serve with whole grain bread, millet, quinoa or brown rice.