I am so pleased with this recipe as I have stumbled and failed with different stir fry sauces. Some are too salty, others too bland. This one seems to be just right and tastes even better for taking to work the next day for lunch at the office.
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (gluten-free option: Tamari)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (vegan option: vegetable broth)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (arrow root works too)
- 1 tablespoon runny honey (vegan option: agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 inch chunk of ginger, peeled and finely minced (1 tablespoon ginger paste or ground powdered ginger can be substituted)
- 2 garlic cloves, from garlic press or minced
- Whisk all the ingredients together. Adjust the amount of sauce you add depending on how much stir fry you are making.
- Select your choice of vegetables, seafood or meat and noodles or rice.
- When adding the sauce to your stir fry, cook together for at least 3 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken and flavour your food.
- This recipe renders 1 1/4 cups of stir fry sauce and can remain in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week.
Nutrition Facts: Serves 6 at 50 calories per serving.